Yet another "Special Edition" Veyron... the Sang Noir

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Ok, so I kind of thought the Pur Sang edition was less-than-appealing, but I feel the opposite about the Sang Noir, which translates to "black blood". This car was wicked styling to begin with, but pure black with an orange interior is damn gorgeous.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126086#3

Attachments

• bugattisangnoir1.500.jpg
    bugattisangnoir1.500.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 484

Syran

Obliviot
Send it to me for review, and LOTS of gas!
At top speed, it empties its tank in just over 12 minutes! Insane!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I don't think they wear out, I believe the incredible temperature they can get to just causes them to explode. As we all know, with the extra heat comes extra PSI.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't think they wear out, I believe the incredible temperature they can get to just causes them to explode. As we all know, with the extra heat comes extra PSI.

It could be something like that, but would they sell tires designed for the car if they could potentially explode under normal conditions? Normal as in 200+MPH being normal, since that's what the car can do.

Luckily, no one anywhere would be able to keep one of these at top speed for that long, so there's not much to worry about. You'd have to own your own country and shape an oval track around it.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
The problem is that I believe there is NO tire that is rated for over 190MPH as above that there is just no way to reasonably test them. 250MPH could never be considered normal conditions, even for this car.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Actually the ZR are rated for 146+ MPH and there's another rating for "above 192 MPH" (iirc) but the letter eludes me. You'd be surprised the amount of info in car owner's manuals.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
The problem is that I believe there is NO tire that is rated for over 190MPH as above that there is just no way to reasonably test them. 250MPH could never be considered normal conditions, even for this car.

I remember it from when I was getting tires for my car, had to take a crash course in tire ratings.

W is 168
(W) is over 168
Y is 186
(Y) is over 186

When in doubt, try the wiki. ;)