XG Viper 2

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Like most product selections, there is hardly a shortage of computer towers to choose from. The XG Viper is made out of aluminum alloy and includes many of flashy LEDs. They even threw a 400W power supply in there to get things started. Are all these features worth the semi-steep price?

After reading Greg's 25th review here, discuss it here!

Last edited by a moderator:

werty316

Partition Master
Nice that its aluminum but gah this is one reason why I hate pre-modded cases as this is one fugly case; actually most of them are fugly.

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I couldn't agree with you more. There are plenty of people who love cases like this one but I am more contemporary. I like a visually quiet case myself.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I spoke at some length with the MGE rep about the plastic fantastic cases that are being put out. I told him that something that wasn't as far-out looking would most likely reach a broader audience.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't know about that. I have friends who would -love- a case like that. They could throw a 1.8GHz Socket A with a 9600XT in there and it would be the best PC in the world.

So, to each their own really. IMO, it's one of the ugliest cases I have ever seen, but it has a couple great features.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
By a couple, do you mean one? It's lighter then hell. It was lucky to get a 7 but I gave it a 7 because, like you said, there are people who would love to have this case and it would stand out an a LAN event. Did I mention that it's light?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I liked the fact that it was light, and the LED in the front wasn't too bad. I like the light behind the front grille also.. it's cool.

Thats about it though. It's a case for someone who's young, really. It would look cool in a kids room.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Not in my kids room...

I was really dissapointed in the 80mm front fan. That was silly IMO but it was better than nothing.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Twice. The second time, the fan completly fell off. It was amazing...in a sad sort of way.

Really, the damn fan fell off the card....I have never seen anything like that. Ever. I dont hold it against BFG at all, shit happens, I am just gald that I caught it in time.

But yes, 256ºC is a scorcher.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
My son (7 years old) L-O-V-E-S this case. Wants daddy to buy him one and get him out of his current Viper case... ;)