XFX GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
No matter your need for graphics power, the choice of GPUs right now is fantastic. Where high-end gamers are concerned, two popular options are the HD 4870 1GB and the GTX 260/216. We're taking a look at XFX's latest release of the latter, which features such an impressive factory overclock, it manages to keep up to the GTX 280.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

Oh, and don't miss the humorous conicidence. This is an Oct 31 review, and the GPU core clock on the card is 666MHz, haha. This was not done on purpose, but when I realized that was the case, I had a good laugh.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
No matter your need for graphics power, the choice of GPUs right now is fantastic. Where high-end gamers are concerned, two popular options are the HD 4870 1GB and the GTX 260/216. We're taking a look at XFX's latest release of the latter, which features such an impressive factory overclock, it manages to keep up to the GTX 280.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

Oh, and don't miss the humorous conicidence. This is an Oct 31 review, and the GPU core clock on the card is 666MHz, haha. This was not done on purpose, but when I realized that was the case, I had a good laugh.
Okay, I'll bite.
What is the significance of the core clock of 666MHz?
Some sort of resonant conflict?

Mrlin

Krazy K

Partition Master
That it is powered by the seed of the devil and running this card will allow the lord of darkness to control your mind!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
There's no significance of the Core Clock except that it helps the card stand out and it's 90MHz above stock.

U

Unregistered

I think that review should be reconsidered. There's too much of butt-licking towards XFX and Nvidia. The X2 of AMD kicked butt, period.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I think that review should be reconsidered. There's too much of butt-licking towards XFX and Nvidia. The X2 of AMD kicked butt, period.

The X2 also costs a lot more than the GTX 260/216, so I'm unsure at the point trying to be made. There is no "butt-licking" going on. I loved this card, and when it comes down to it, I personally prefer NVIDIA over ATI because of their drivers, as I mentioned in the intro.

I had the pleasure to build a PC for a friend last week, and it came down to choosing an HD 4870 1GB or GTX 260/216, and I went with the latter. Both cards are almost identical in performance, but I preferred to get him a card that ran a little cooler and also had more reliable (as in installation) drivers.

If you've read any of my other GPU reviews, you'd know that I wasn't biased. I call them as I see them, that's all I can say.