X360: Forza Motorsport 2

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The original Forza was known for its intense realism and car selection. Forza 2 takes all of that one step further and ends up being one title that should not be avoided, despite some of it's blatant problems.

You can read the review here and discuss it here.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
It looks great!

I am still thinking about a 360 before a ps3... but Armored core still beckons my soul.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If I had to choose which console to own if it were only one, it would probably be the Xbox 360 at this point. The PS3 simply doesn't have a large enough game library yet to haul people away from the Xbox. As for AC4, I played the demo a few months ago and sucked at it... horribly. Seemed like a good game though, but I still have late night memories of Armored Core 1 and 2.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
1 and 2 were arguably on the higher end of the series as far as gameplay functionality is concerned.

As soon as they started screwing with the button config for it they lost a large amount of respect from me. I used to define how great a controller config was by how close to AC like it was.

MacMan

Partition Master
Wow...

Wow.... what an incredible game! I'm not a gamer, I never was, but this game tempts me to become one!

The graphics on this one beats the hell out of my old Atari 'Ping Pong' game! The scenery, the cars, its looks almost as good as the real thing.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yes, it's a great game. I've been playing it again over the past few days, beating the time trials and such. I can assuredly say that racing in a 600HP car capable of 188MPH down Germany's Nurburgring is quite a task. After racing it in a game, I have to give props to those who actually race at those speeds on the real thing.

T

TTLKurtis

Rented this game...

I rented this game and played it with my little brother and I liked it a lot more than any GranTurismo I've played. Sure it doesn't have quite as nice graphics, but I much preferred the handling in Forza and the damage thing was an added bonus. The thing I hate about GT handling is that you have to pretty much stop for tight corners - it never feels like you're turning a car. In Forza there's more drift in your turn so it 'feels' more realistic.

I don't like racing wheels, so that issue doesn't really apply for me anyways, but I give this game a big thumbs up, myself.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Despite owning all four Gran Turismo games, I am not familiar with the series at all, so I can't comment. I will have to load up GT4 soon and see about the complaints you have about the series. I can't imagine I'd like it as much as Forza though... I admit though, GT5 looks SWEET, I just hope it doesn't suffer from the same thing you mention. Chances are it will though, since they don't like to change a 'good thing'.

Glad you like Forza though. If you want a challenge, work your way up through the Arcade Time Trials mode... it's pretty intense.