X-Fi Prelude, w00t!

madmat

Soup Nazi
I just installed Full Spectrum Warrior. After starting the game I decided I should launch game mode for the Prelude driver so I went to shut the game down and it hung. I couldn't exit it through Task Manager so I had to reset the PC. Upon the PC booting up I had no sound. I go into device manager and lo and behold I've got error 37 (Windows could not initialize the driver) in the Prelude. I've removed the driver, removed the card and everything else I can think of to no avail. The card's dead as far as I can tell. Yaaaay! Drop that 7 down to a 4.

Last edited:

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
If it will fire up, there's some new drivers enabling DDL (software of course) to try out.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I finally got it working. It's a bug with the original drivers and they released new drivers to fix it but initially said to remove the old drivers before installing the new fixed drivers. When you did that the new drivers wouldn't find the hardware and exit.

Anyways, at the moment my OS is hosed to the point where it only runs in safe mode so until I get it reloaded I have no sound but I will D/L the new drivers and install them when I get the OS reloaded.