Wow!!! My second Bad Azz PSU For The Low Low

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
As many of you may know I recently built my cousin a PC with an Antec TruePower 550 Watt PSU that normally goes for $119.99 with $1.99 shipping from newegg, for $60. Well I decided to go ahead and grab me a new PSU for my machine if I could get one cheap. I ended up getting a Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power that normally goes for $139.99 from newegg for $74.99 and it has a $15 mail in rebate, so essentially it was $59.99. :D

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Bah, wish the uk had deals like that. We only get discounts like that on waffle irons and multi-gym hand grip accessory attachment utensils.... (junk). I never trust the RRP prices though, since only retailers sell them at those prices, e-tailers tend to do 20-30% discounts anyway. I still don't get the whole rebate thing... buy an item and get an instant and mail-in rebate... (why not just sell it cheaper in the first place...)

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'll go with a lower instant rebate over a higher mail in rebate any day. Some companies want you to juggle flaming chainsaws in order to get your money and even then it's usually 2 months if you're lucky but so far I have yet to have a rebate refused so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Good on you, DarkStarr. That's one hell of a deal.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Yea same here, I prefer instant rebates, the larger the better. I still like the fact that it will end up being $60 for it even if it takes 2-3 months (thats about what it took for my corsair rebate, haven't gotten my second rebate yet) I havent seen any exceptionally crazy things that the companies want, so far only a UPC and the receipt. The only thing is its only 80+ not bronze, silver, or gold.