Wow. Just wow.

Yaotl

Obliviot
That thing I linked to you in email was the same thing and it is supposedly fake, but on Yahoo......hmm....maybe a bit more credible...but who knows.

If it is true ...... :O

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Well the post is from a tabloid paper the Weekly World News.. So I wouldn't put too much merit into it.. But still, yeah it's pretty sick.

Word.

E.M.I.
how could you talk for 6 months and not know its your MOTHER, i mean most guys who talk to other people online know there name and where they live and shit like that. If it's not fake, thats one sick mamma.

Yaotl

Obliviot
<<thats why you don't date online>>

Not so sure I agree with that. I have met several people offline that I got to know online. Of course I did not meet them to date, just as friends. You have to be very wary. If you talk to someone enough, it is very hard for them to keep a veil for months at a time. Doable of course, but unlikely.

Most people I have talked to have had a webcam and i have requested a pic with them holding something unusual, or several pics with their name and a custome message in a certain place. If they can't produce it, or won't, then it's likely they are playing you.

*note I have never dated anyone that I met online, but have met some cool people I consider good friends :D*

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, I know lots of people who have met people online and have had successful relationships. I think you are more likely to meet up with a nutcase at the local pub.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I met my wife online...oh boy what a bad idea...My advice is just to have your prospective spouse take a psychological profile before you marry no matter how you meet them.

The "prenup" of the 21st century!