Would another Wii be a hit?

This is a question I've been pondering for a while, and I'd love to get some input on it. We all know another Nintendo console won't see the light of day for quite some time, but that leaves a forum for discussion.

There's no denying that Nintendo's Wii has been a huge success for gamers and non-gamers alike, but there has always been commotion about the product just being a fad. Now, obviously the product's sales numbers prove this claim otherwise, but that leaves little headroom for the Wii's successor, in my mind.

I'm not entirely sure another motion-sensing console is something Nintendo's after, at least not one in the same fashion. Faced with the option, would consumers truly be sold on another "waggle" concept, with a disputable graphics upgrade? But then again, how would consumers react with a return to the traditional controller scheme from Nintendo?

So basically, what I want to know is, how solid do you think foundation for the Wii's motion-sensing platform is, and do you think customers would adopt a future iteration if Nintendo decided to pursue one, or do you think the Wii was more of an experiment? :techgage:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I think it has proved a market for other game manufacturers to create something different and also has opened a motion technology that NASA has been looking at for remote robotics.
It's not a new technology, just Wii has opened a few eyes in that direction.

Merlin