Worst Band Names and Album Covers

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Although a "Top 25" list barely touches the surface of bad band names, both Cracked and Spike took their shot at picking out a perfect list. There are a lot here I agree with, and some are just blatantly obvious. It's as though some bands deliberately chose horrible names to represent themselves, so that if they happened to fail at music, their name would live on.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15118_25-most-ridiculous-band-names-in-rock-history.html
http://www.spike.com/blog/top-25-dumbest-band/70741

Some of those bands, I actually like, but I can still agree their names are odd. Here's another Cracked story taking a look at the worst album covers:

http://www.cracked.com/article_16761_15-worst-album-covers-all-time.html

#11 is hilarious... easily one of the worst album covers I've ever seen.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha. The album I chose is one I chose just for the name. I like it... music can take you on travels without moving from your chair, so it's a cool title. I agree with DSotM though. Fantastic album, but the title doesn't strike me as being that interesting.

Babrbarossa

Obliviot
I think Rob might be of the right vintage to remember this character- the last time you would have seen him was on Atlantic Gran dPrix Wrestilng. My friend actually has this record!

Attachments

• img_3841.jpg
    img_3841.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 620

Babrbarossa

Obliviot
Here's a couple I found on a worst album site that made me giggle:

Attachments

• 75-1.jpg
    75-1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 579
  • 100-1.jpg
    100-1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 845

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
Rob - nah...I just thought Pink Floyd was un-original. It would like me saying the best album was Master of Puppets

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh, alright. Well, I agree for the most part.

"I think Rob might be of the right vintage to remember this character- the last time you would have seen him was on Atlantic Gran dPrix Wrestilng. My friend actually has this record!"

Haha, how old do I look?!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well, since the Nintendo Wii launched in September 06... I'd say you look to be a little over two years old?

:D

The avatar is from the revamped Xbox Live service that launched last month :p

So I'm a month old, or there-abouts.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well- I used to go to high school with a Rob Williams at Saint John High- if that be you, you're the right vintage.

Nope, not me :) I was home-schooled for the last few grades, so no official high-school for me. Mistakes like this are easy to come by though, when "Rob" and "Williams" are two extremely popular English names.

My parents might have not been too original, haha. I'm 25 though, if that helps.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
The avatar is from the revamped Xbox Live service that launched last month :p

So I'm a month old, or there-abouts.

Wow. It didn't look quite right for a Mii, but still... It'd be nice if Microsoft could actually invent something rather than using everyone else's ideas. :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well, in defense of Microsoft, I think this was an inevitability. At least these avatars look like real people, not like someone built out of Duplo bricks. That aside, Microsoft did do a lot of good with their latest release, and I'm rather impressed overall. I hated the original menu system, but this revamp was a major improvement. I don't think it's perfect, but I no longer think the PS3 menu system is as cool as I once thought it was.