Windows 7 Sells 150 Million Licenses Since October's Launch

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's far from being a secret that Windows 7 has been an overall success, and sales-wise, Microsoft's Brandon LeBlanc has re-verified that fact with a report that 150 million licenses have been sold since the OS' launch this past October. Unfortunately, whether or not this number represents the number of customers that have personally purchased a license vs. those that were purchased by resellers is not mentioned.

techgage_motherboard_testing_desktop_windows_7_fall_2009_thumb.jpg

Read the rest of our news post here and discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
even though i have a copy of windows 7 pro, i'm yet to go for it cause of no driver availability for my sound card! the onboard sound sux!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I would dare guess that this is the total number sold to both the retail channel and OEM resellers. I, for one, love 7 as it is by far the easiest to run that I have used.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
even though i have a copy of windows 7 pro, i'm yet to go for it cause of no driver availability for my sound card! the onboard sound sux!

On-board audio can't suck enough to ignore the upgrade path to 7! Are you SURE a driver doesn't exist? If one exists for Vista, it should also work in 7.

killem2

Coastermaker
I would have to agree, unless this is a motherboard from 2002 most on board audio solutions are very decent, and there has been almost nothing windows 7 has not been able to find. Unless the peice of hardware itself is so old XP couldn't even find it.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
On-board audio can't suck enough to ignore the upgrade path to 7! Are you SURE a driver doesn't exist? If one exists for Vista, it should also work in 7.

nope, none exist. Creative's website clearly stated none for Vista and Win 7. Anyways, i'm pretty happy with XP right now. Will move on to Win 8, lol!! :D