Windows 7 Could be Launched in 2011

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Last week, I linked to a rumor that Windows 7, the next version of our beloved OS, would potentially be released in late 2009 - only three years after Vista. But, as is becoming far too common lately, it turns out the rumor was fully unsubstantiated and has been debunked by the fellows at Redmond:

"We are currently in the planning stages for Windows 7 and expect it will take approximately 3 years to develop. The specific release date will be determined once the company meets its quality bar for release."

Three years, for the uninitiated, would bring us to 2011. I don't know about you, but I am certainly not in a hurry for Vista's follow-up, and I believe Microsoft needs all the time they can get to make sure it's not as disappointing as Vista's launch was.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
windows_ultimate_7_012508.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
Contrary to all that is being said on the net, it clearly looks like Microsoft is NOT planning to release Windows 7 in 2009. Microsoft's official response, by an Email dated 26th January, 2008, to WinVistaClub states that Windows 7 is still in the planning stage and will take approximately 3 years to develop. The following is the extract of the mail:

Source: WinVistaClub

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am finding it easier to work with Vista the more I use it. I have it installed on one of my notebooks and it's working perfectly fine. In fact, I have written a couple of reviews on the OS without problem. I still find the SLOW file transfers unacceptable but after relearning where Microsoft but shit, it's proving to be a decent OS.

I know that's blasphemy to you Rob but I am starting to agree with Bill on Vista. ME still sucked hard but Vista isn't completely terrible. Ironically I write this on an XP machine ;)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I still hate it. But perhaps that is because of the limited exp with it? iunno. I do hope that 7 will prove to be something that is a BETTER os than a step back. I mean, isnt that the point of "upgrading"? To move to something BETTER right off the bat?

-Stork, hoping he can hold out on xp till 2011.