Who's a sportsfan around here?

My relationship with Vancouver Canucks is "Lucy and the football" to Charlie Brown's kicking: masochistic. Every year for the past 30 I start buying into it: Vancouver 's world famous overly-hyped coverage.
And every year save two for the last 30 the season has ended with anger and frustration....last year our world class goalie allowed seven unanswered goals in the closing game of the Chicago series and here we are with a couple of wins in the pre-season and some Vancouverites, including sports reporters have the parade route set in stone along with plans for the riot afterward.

I feel your pain. I'm so used to it by now though.

I know not to get my hopes so high, as to be let down.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
<table class="storycontent" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="storybody"> <!-- S BO -->ICC Champions Trophy, Centurion:
Pakistan 302-9 beat India 248 by 54 runs

<!-- S ILIN --> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared...et/scorecards/2009/9/83936/html/scorecard.stm
999999.gif

<!-- E IBYL --> <!-- S SF -->Pakistan made it two wins from two in the Champions Trophy as Shoaib Malik's masterful 128 set up a 54-run win over India in Centurion.
WOHOO!!
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

gibbersome

Coastermaker
<table class="storycontent" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="storybody"> <!-- S BO -->ICC Champions Trophy, Centurion:
Pakistan 302-9 beat India 248 by 54 runs

<!-- S ILIN --> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared...et/scorecards/2009/9/83936/html/scorecard.stm
999999.gif

<!-- E IBYL --> <!-- S SF -->Pakistan made it two wins from two in the Champions Trophy as Shoaib Malik's masterful 128 set up a 54-run win over India in Centurion.

WOHOO!!
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Congrats dude! This will get them through to the semi finals, right?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The Spurs did well, that's for sure. I'm still pleased with Arsenal, though we were like 10 points behind. There were just a lot of injuries this season, and given we don't have a typical "all-star" line-up as is...

I'm glad Chelsea won, they've earned it. Plus, it's nice to just see Man U lose ;-)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Blackhawks clinched the Western conference finals last night! Now it is San Jose vs Chicago... GO CHICAGO! And tonight.... likley an amazing game to be played.... #8 Montreal Canadians vs #4 Pittsburg Penguins 09 Stanley Cup champs). The Habs pushed back to a game 7! They were not even supposed to make it past the first round! They have lost key defensement, and *still* they win!

Tonight's NHL hockey game should be one for the ages!

GO HABS!!!!!

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hah, I know a couple of Maple Leaf fans that are upset that the Habs have made it so far ;-)

I have zero interest in hockey, but I'm happy to see things so interesting right now.

eunoia

Partition Master
Noam Chomsky aptly calls pro sports "training in irrational jingoism."

I'd still rather play than watch, but tonight's Canadiens game made that a tougher decision. I should really get a T.V.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
The Spurs did well, that's for sure. I'm still pleased with Arsenal, though we were like 10 points behind. There were just a lot of injuries this season, and given we don't have a typical "all-star" line-up as is...

I'm glad Chelsea won, they've earned it. Plus, it's nice to just see Man U lose ;-)

Arsenal, Man Utd are one of the richest clubs but they dont spend anything! i mean i hate it when the summer comes and goes and u dont see any big name signings! all go to spain or italy and their league just sux compared to EPL! :(

i hope we see some names in EPL next season! BUT FIFA 2010! WOHOO! gonna be awesome!! gonna miss Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo(the real one!:D), Figo, Roberto Carlos etc.. good old days! :rolleyes: