Who is Playing Crysis now

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I just passed the KP compound and found the sub machinegun with the laser pointer.
I did have one game freeze at that point and had to restart the game.
I think my video cards got too hot.....have to check on that today

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I picked up Crysis as well, but have yet to play it. It's installed and ready for benchmarking this weekend though, so I'll experience a little bit of what it has to offer. CoD4... I haven't played it much except for a few levels required for benchmarking, and WOW... spectacular.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Wheeew
Made it to the tanks...gotta take a break, my butt is asleep...lol
I've been waiting for this game and it was worth the wait and the new machine to play it on

Merlin

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
friend of mine just bought an 8800 to play this game... is it really that pc taxing?

Not really...
I'm running with two 8600's, not in SLI.
Running smooth
I just got out of the anti gravity area and now in the frozen world

Merlin

PS....I'm looking for a list of All the levels, so I know where I am in the game

madstork91

The One, The Only...
so would two 7800 gt in SLi pump it out ok?

Edit:

http://www.incrysis.com/wiki/index.php/Crysis_System_Requirements

Interesting. First of all... the system requirements for playing on a comp with vista are higher... hrm... I wonder why? lulz

Secondly... wtf? these min requirements barely make sense to me by the definitions of what they say they require... 3 year old technology? with next gen what?

Lastly... directx 10 is only going to be on vista? ... FUK you microsoft.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
so would two 7800 gt in SLi pump it out ok?

If the minimum GPU is 256 mb....then yes

Minimum Requirements

<TABLE class=table-cell-background cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=75>CPU:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=414>Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>RAM: </TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>Video Card:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>VRAM:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>256MB of Graphics Memory</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>Storage:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>12GB</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>Sound Card:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>DirectX 9.0c Compatible</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>ODD:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>DVD-ROM</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>OS:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>Microsoft Windows XP or Vista</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>DirectX:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>DX9.0c or DX10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Recommended Requirements

<TABLE class=table-cell-background cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>CPU:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>Core 2 Duo/Athlon X2 or better</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=75>RAM: </TD><TD vAlign=center align=left width=414>1.5GB</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>Video Card:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>NVIDIA 7800 Series, ATI Radeon 1800 Series or better</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>VRAM:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>512MB of Graphics Memory</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>Storage:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>12GB</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>Sound Card:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>DirectX 9.0c Compatible</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>ODD:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>DVD-ROM</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>OS:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>Microsoft Windows XP or Vista</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right>DirectX:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=left>DX9.0c or DX10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

2 7800gt's in SLI will run it at a smooth framerate at all medium settings make sure you turn post processing to low that is what will kill your framerate.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
2 7800gt's in SLI will run it at a smooth framerate at all medium settings make sure you turn post processing to low that is what will kill your framerate.

Why sure, but a DX10 card and Vista would get you all the goodies to go with it.

Crysis mod coming soon

Merlin the Coastermaker

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I picked it up late last week and love it so far. I am able to play at 1920x1200 with my C2D E6600 at 3 GHz and a stock 8800 GTS. That gives me an average of 35 FPS. If I bump it down a bit I am up in the mid 40s. It's a great game and it runs reasonably well on my humble machine.