Where are you from?

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Jen McPherson said:
West Michigan, about an 45 min or so north of Grand Rapids. ^^ Small town, live in a duplex (an old house that was divided inside, one half mine, one half other renters). I want my own house... -sob-

sbrehm72255, you have such a beautiful home. ^^ And yeah, the nearest mall is about 30-50 minutes away from where I live, but I like small town life. Quiet and slow paced. :)
I lived up in the Grand Rapids area back when I was a kid, I don't remember exactly where anymore, it was a long time ago...........:eek: All I really remember is that it was really cold during the winter and hotter than all-get-out in the summer.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Never got a chance to take any pics..............:eek: A friend of mine (lives down the street) has a Bobcat service and he was out fixing the entire street the next morning.............:) And to top it off, he did it for free except for the cost of the rock fill, he has to be one of the nicest people in the world. So outside of a lot of shovel work on my part, the total cost of storm damage was like $50.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
:d

sbrehm72255 said:
I lived up in the Grand Rapids area back when I was a kid, I don't remember exactly where anymore, it was a long time ago...........:eek: All I really remember is that it was really cold during the winter and hotter than all-get-out in the summer.

Ah, thats really neat. :D I've lived in MI all my life, though I've moved several times around the state as a kid because my dad was transferred to different shops. And yeah, you remember correctly :) it gets quite cold here in the winter, and very hot in the summer. We are a bit of an odd weather state you could say. They always say the weather in michigan changes every five minutes. lol. Not true ^^, but sometimes it feels that way.

And thats great that you didn't have to spend a lot on storm repair. I know that can be a pain for the pocket book. :(

T-Shirt

E.M.I.
That great. I've had to do driveway repairs/improvements by the trailer & shovel method (overhanging trees tight turns meant no dump truck access). It gets old really fast (or makes you old) Machines are the way to go, free machine and skilled operator Priceless.

Last edited:

Cool Barn

Obliviot
BlackAndy said:
I pretend to be Austrailian when I'm out at the bars here in Indianapolis!:D
Cool, make sure you get your "G'day mate" down pat and you'll have the women swooning ;)

(Although it never used to work for me when I was single :D )

BlackAndy

Obliviot
Cool Barn said:
Cool, make sure you get your "G'day mate" down pat and you'll have the women swooning ;)

(Although it never used to work for me when I was single :D )
:D I got an acting scholarship to college based on my impression of Steve Irwin... The ladies love the accent when I'm out, but it always makes for an awkward phone call 2 days later when they call to go out again...

Word.

E.M.I.
I was born in and raised all over Canada. Just moved to the land of money trees Alberta Canada.

Pha1lure

Obliviot
I live in Austin, Texas. Austin is completely different than the rest of Texas, it is like the one blue city in a sea of red. (Politically speaking)