Where Are All the GeForce GTX 480's?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 480 was officially released last week, and since then, trying to buy one has been about as difficult as scaling Mount Everest (alright, maybe one is harder). As it stands at this very moment, no e-tailer I could find has a single brand's model in stock, with the largest e-tailers in both US and Canada offering little more than pre-orders.

official.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

looisboo

Obliviot
After seeing alot of people saying too late too hot i thought that only few people gona buy gtx 480 and 470 and plus nvidia kept on delaying the card and kept fooling people for couple of months lol..Its hard to predict future but its harder to predict tech future

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
After seeing alot of people saying too late too hot i thought that only few people gona buy gtx 480 and 470 and plus nvidia kept on delaying the card and kept fooling people for couple of months lol..Its hard to predict future but its harder to predict tech future

It's not going to be hard to predict that the GPU market is swinging quickly back around to ATI's favor once again. It's always been cyclical, but ATI has all their cards lined up and NVIDIA's mis-step with the G100 / Fermi leaves them playing catchup for a year or three. ATI already has the Northern Islands and Southern Island GPUs in the pipeline...

Southern Islands is a hybrid GPU between the 5000 series and the Northern Islands design, and we'll be seeing it later on in the year.

looisboo

Obliviot
Yea when i found out they going to release new gpu card later this year i was like wow because i was thinking that just like a cpu processor that gets smaller every 2 years, gpu has the same cycle but i was wrong and just like you said nvidia is in big trouble because of fermi...