What Q1 games are you looking forward to?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From time to time, NVIDIA sends editors a list of upcoming PC games in order to gauge the interest level, which leads to the company's decision on which games get the focus for GeForce optimization, and also helps it decide whether or not it might want to help with the launch process, in order to get the word out.

Due to time, I don't keep up on the gaming state of things as much as I'd like, so there are a lot of titles in the list that I haven't even heard of. So, since we have a lot of hardcore gamers here, I was hoping that I could get some help with choosing titles on the list, in order to send the list back to NVIDIA.

Bear in mind, choices should be focused around two things. First, the game should be one that you're looking forward to, or see real potential in, and also one that would make for good benchmarking. At Techgage, we always look for new games to replace our aging ones in our graphics card reviews, so who knows... some of these might make it into our content soon.

Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer
Aliens vs Predator 3
APB
Assassins Creed 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams
Command and Conquer 4
Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
Dragon Age: Origins
Just Cause 2
Mafia 2
Mass Effect 2
Metro 2033
MKZ (Metal Knight Zero) 2
Napoleon : Total War
Settlers VII
Star Tales 2
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
Superstars V8 Racing
Supreme Commander 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4
Warhammer 40k MMO

There are a lot of games here I'd like to play, but of them all, I think I'd have to say that I'm looking most forward to AvP... I'm hoping it's going to kick ass!

evilives34

Obliviot
stealing and editing your list for my evil uses rob

Aliens vs Predator 3
Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
Mass Effect 2
Supreme Commander 2
Warhammer 40k MMO

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Command and Conquer 4
1: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
3: Dragon Age: Origins
4: Mass Effect 2
2: Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
Warhammer 40k MMO
Aliens vs Predator 3

Bioshock 2 can be good for becnhmarking!

the first Supreme Commander was very heavy game, the 2nd one might be even heavier for the system!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Well, that new Star Trek Online MMO seems to be "okay" after talking with some players, but it's been kind of shady. Highly limited beta... no mention of how long the $60 subscription lasts, and so far the only mention of pricing has been them offering a $300 "lifetime" subscription for sale to people that can't even play the beta. I think I'll skip that one!

I am really, really looking forward to Supreme Commander 2, it is finally coming in the first week or so of March. New studio and dev team behind it, has a good chance of being much better than SupCom FA. :)

Altrus

Coastermaker
Assassins Creed 2

Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams Looked forward to this one the most!

Mass Effect 2 This is one of the best games I have ever played....been playing it none stop for the last week, managed to get 28 hours of play time over 4-5 days while attending classes at college.

I think I can even come too say its one of the three games that top my list....

Last edited:

Jase366

Obliviot
battlefield bad company 2

been playing the beta and the game makes me remember why i love shooters, really looking forward to the whole game.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Assassins Creed 2

Mass Effect 2 This is one of the best games I have ever played....been playing it none stop for the last week, managed to get 28 hours of play time over 4-5 days while attending classes at college.

same here! lol!!:D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have to admit that I have no idea what Mass Effect 2 is all about, but I do own the original. Would it be wise to go through that one first, before the second, or would it matter?

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I have to admit that I have no idea what Mass Effect 2 is all about, but I do own the original. Would it be wise to go through that one first, before the second, or would it matter?

Yes yes, play the first one, very very Must! The story connection be important too!

All of ur big decisions and some of the smaller decisions will be taken forward into
Mass Effect 2 when u import ur character to Mass Effect 2! :D

ME2 is amazing! Must play man, U must!! :eek:

Last edited:

Altrus

Coastermaker
So true, I couldn't figure out how to import a character at first, so I decided to just try from a new made character. Within the first two lines of the game I had to opt out and figure it out because I already didn't like the way some of the decisions were turning out....

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
So true, I couldn't figure out how to import a character at first, so I decided to just try from a new made character. Within the first two lines of the game I had to opt out and figure it out because I already didn't like the way some of the decisions were turning out....
me too! i wanted the Paragon guy but all the previous decisions were Renegade. But i continued ME2 as Paragon.

Got a ME1 saved game which was ended as Paragon which i will import for my 2nd run through ME2 when i play Renegade! No point in playing ME1 as renegade as the default ME2 beginning is for the renegade ME1 Shephard! :D

This game is Awesome! :eek: