What classic games do you want to play again?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
With Asheron's Call 2 coming back from the dead, it got me thinking... a lot of us are bound to have old games in our minds that we want to get back and play, but hardly ever do. It's hard, when new games come out all the time, and some might even be major time-sinks (like MMOs or open-world games).

So I ask you guys, what games would you go back and play if you had all the time in the world, or will you make a point to do in the future?

For me, Half-Life 2 and its dual episodes top the list. I will get around to it eventually... it's just been hard. There are a couple of games on the NES I'd like to go through again as well, such as Faxanadu, Willow and Guardian Legend. Deus Ex 1 for the PC would have to be another one also.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
One of these days, I'll play Morrowind again and actually get somewhere. I also have a ten-year-old save game for X-COM Apocalypse that needs completing. Shame I only have five days to complete them both before the real apocalypse.

Big Red Machine

Hellfire and Brimstone
Staff member
Wow, I was just thinking about this question the other day, actually. I suddenly had a mad hankering to play the original Twisted Metal on the PS1.

Turning the clock back even farther, Super Monaco GP was a gas back in the early 90s. All the math and chemistry homework that never got done because of this game... :p