What are the Top New Features in Internet Explorer 9?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's not often that an upcoming Internet Explorer release is called "potentially ground-breaking" or even "important", but where IE 9 is concerned, that's just the case. It's no secret that Internet Explorer has commonly been loathed by Web designers and users alike, and it seems like Microsoft has finally buckled down and decided to release a browser with some worth.

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

stve

Obliviot
"Pinned Sites" is a feature that's not discussed all too often, but I admit... it's awesome. It allows you to essentially pin your favorite sites right into the browser, and the result isn't a full tab, but rather small ones that show the site's favicon. If you are constantly going to the same site throughout the day, this feature might become one that you'll rely upon heavily. We'll see how successful the feature is by whether or not the competition implements similar features in their own browsers."

Both Opera & Chrome have pin tabs & can make the pinned tab smaller but IE 9 instead pins a site to the windows task bar.
My Windows task bar is already cluttered enough i prefer the pin tabs in Opera & Chrome or if i use a site a lot i give the bookmark a nickname

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
I find Chrome's and Opera's "most visited" sites feature very convenient. And the recently closed feature is great, too -- particularly when I accidentally hit the x on a tab, and gone is that thing that took me forever to find! :eek: