Water cooling for nubs?

jwied

Obliviot
Hi folks, I'm new to this forum. i usually spend my time at the Guru3d forums but after browsing around TechGage there seems to be more of a passion for overclocking here.

I'm moving to Japan in six weeks and when I arrive I plan on building a new computer hoping to get either bleeding edge technology there or inexpensive cutting edge tech. Before I dive into things though, I have plans on teaching myself the ins and outs of overclocking (currently all I'm brave enough to do is use ATITool to overclock the video card).

My lead in to this "training" is going to be learning about water cooling. I have built dozens of computers over the last 15 years but never dealt with water cooling. As I read, it seems if one is going to get into extreme overclocking, one must use water cooling.

So can any one point me in the right direction. I'm looking for some threads on water cooling - maybe some FAQ styled - and some ideas on the best water cooling system that aren't too difficult to connect up.

thanks in advance!

jwied

Obliviot
awesome guys. thanks for the links - i think i can confidently get started on a new cooling system now.