Want to Print Out 3D Objects? HP Has a Printer For You!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Printing out objects in 3D might seem like a task only possible in a movie, but that's not the case at all. In fact, 3D printers are not even new, and have been used for mocking up objects and prototypes for a while. But thanks to HP, that capability is going to be made available to many more businesses, and for the most part, its $17,500 US price tag actually seems fairly reasonable.

hp_3d_printer_042010.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
When my wife was pregnant I read up on a machine like this that could take a 3D ultrasound picture and give you a 3D model of what the baby looked like. To me it seemed creepy to want an action figure of an under developed fetus but hey, whatever blows your skirt up. I'm good with the full grown, real deal but the technology was cool regardless.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
hmm hmm hmm ... this does take things quite a bit past the sonograms (that I could never interpret other than "uh ok").

On the other hand, would your son/daughter think of it (the 3D model of themselves at T minus 3 months) a cool thing to take to show & tell? I wonder?

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
hmm hmm hmm ... this does take things quite a bit past the sonograms (that I could never interpret other than "uh ok").

HAHA same here. I just look at a sonogram and go o_O "ok....what am I looking at here? you're kidding right? it looks nothing like a baby...is that...nevermind."
________
Honda VT600

Last edited: