Want Avatar's Blu-ray 3D Version? Prepare to Pay

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
To call last winter's Avatar a hit would be a gross understatement. The film, which cost about $240 million to produce, raked in a total of ~$2.8 billion in gross revenue... more than 10x. I haven't seen the movie, nor plan to, but I've heard a countless number of opinions from many people, and it's certainly a mixed bag. But one thing's for sure... it's going to be a huge seller this winter.

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

BigJohn

Obliviot
Ah come on Rob, you know yea wanna just see what all the fuss is all about, i was in the same shoes once, told everyone didn't care what the heap was all about, but cracked one day and decided too rent it. We'll surprise surprise i did enjoy it and was quite amazed on how well the time and detail they put into the movie, now for the 3-D part i highly don't recommend they don't show enough too make things 3d'ish personally if i purchased from either dvd, blu-ray, or blu-ray 3d i would just purchase the dvd

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I'm dubious about this, it would be silly to sell it as an exclusive bundle at such a high rate, think it's just a limited time exclusive since any longer would be cutting their own throat. I know they want to guarantee the quality of the release since not all 3D is made the same, but still, for such an outrageous price...

People have waited over a year for this release, i'm sure they can wait a little more...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm not against the movie, it just doesn't appeal to me. It's rare when I am even remotely tempted to watch something sci-fi or fantasy. Definitely more of an action or comedy movie guy.

BigJohn

Obliviot
Lots of action lots and lots and some parts funny, more on the edge of seat action movie you know ya wanna rob lol

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
I love sci-fi and fantasy, and thought the movie was ok. The visuals are awesome, but the story in my opinion leaves something to be desired.