Voodoo Still Alive and Strong

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
On Monday, we broke the news that big changes were coming to VoodooPC, and although we are still unsure of the end-effect these changes will have, we are a little better informed today. Phil McKinney, VP and CTO for Hewlett-Packard's Personal Systems Group posted on the official Voodoo blog to help clarify the goings-on.

According to Phil, Voodoo isn't going anywhere, and I'm sure many will agree that this statement deserves a *phew*. But our original predictions of what will happen with the name seem to be true. Phil says, "We're migrating products and innovations from the high-end Voodoo portfolio into various parts of HP’s portfolio." So while Voodoo the name isn't going anywhere, the company itself will be integrated into HP.

This, to me, is a good thing overall. VoodooPC has been making some stellar products for a while, but since being acquired by HP, things haven't exactly exploded. The integration promises to improve that situation and make Voodoo products better available for more people, which I assume means we'll see an expanded portfolio in the near-future.

Phil goes on to state that Voodoo has new products in the pipeline, though he doesn't go into any real detail whatsoever. Could it be the rumored larger Envy? An Omen sidekick? A netbook? I guess we'll have to wait and see. If more information surrounding the layoffs and company changes come to light, we'll be sure to let you guys know.

voodoo_envy_133_070808.jpg

Integration into the larger HP means greater leverage of HP’s processes, partners, go-to market programs, distribution and infrastructure. This plan will allow more consumers broader access to the incredible products and technologies developed by this team. Rahul Sood, who continues to report to me as Voodoo CTO, blogged about this more than a month ago.

Source: Voodoo Blog