Vista Autoplay Trouble.

scarrylarry

Obliviot
Hello everyone,

2 months ago I bought a new pc. My father liked it and ended up buying the exact same one. The spec are HP Model:m8400f, AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-core processer at 2.30 Ghz, 3gig ram, and Windows vista home premium 32-bit service pack 1.

Ok the problem is when I put any kind of cd in MY cd/dvd writer drive an autoplay window pops up asking what I want to do. Depending on what kind of cd I put in.

When my father puts a cd in HIS drive nothing happens and no autoplay comes up. We went to the autoplay section in the vista control panel and the settings are the same on both pc's. We even changed some of the autoplay settings on his and mine and mine still comes up. His doesn't.

If anyone has any thoughts on why this is happening or something else I could try I would appreciate any feed back. I'm still kinda new to vista but I had xp for years so I know my way around a little. Thanks in advance.
,Larry

scarrylarry

Obliviot
We got it fixed:) He had a program installed called ACDSee it's a picture viewer and his version had something called device detector with it and it was causing a conflict. We switched it off and it works fine.