Video Game Characters are Cheap Dates

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Drinking in games can be a humorous past time, get a few giggles in before taking on a horde of bad guys under very one sided conditions (no force of evil can match the mighty Quick Save/Load). But ever stopped to wonder how realistic this drunkard behavior, slurred speech and floor collapsing humor can be? Nah, me neither.

masseffect_drink2_022211.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
hmm, it took me a lot of time to get sober in The Witcher! I always had to find a spot to meditate/sleep to get over the drunken walking and blurry vision!!

I have drank myself to unconsciousness in Mass Effect 2 though, hah! :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I've muddled my wits in Lord Of The Rings Online many times! Woke up in random places, sometimes without my pants. No really. I have!

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
Vito in Mafia II is invincible. With the exception of his vision, everything else is normal!*

*haven't tried shooting anyone drunk in game

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Vito in Mafia II is invincible. With the exception of his vision, everything else is normal!*

*haven't tried shooting anyone drunk in game

Oh man, I want to go back and play through that game. Everytime I benchmark it I feel like clearing through it again, but there are so many other games demanding my attention right now. Have you played through the Joe's Adventure DLC, by chance?