Using SyncBack to Synchronize Your Windows Folders

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Keeping data backed up or synchronized in Windows isn't always the most self-explanatory of processes, and it's because the OS doesn't make it easy to do either of them. Fortunately, there's a solution that happens to be free, feature-rich and most importantly, reliable. It's called SyncBack, and deserves to be in your virtual toolbox.

Read the rest of our look at SyncBack, and discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Very good write up. I puchased this software a year or so ago and have loved it. I still use it on my windows box to backup my data to a NAS. The free version that you tested does almost everything that most anyone will use it for so good job testing something that anyone can download and use.

One thing that I recommend, if you don't care to purchase the paid version of SyncBack is creating a simple script to kick off Robocopy. It's a free program provided by Microsoft that runs from a command shell and works wonderfully.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Or you could try the simple free GUI program SyncToy 2.1 from M$ and you can run it as a scheduled task.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Or you could try the simple free GUI program SyncToy 2.1 from M$ and you can run it as a scheduled task.

That's what I do with Robocopy. The script I wrote kicks off every Sunday morning at 4am as a scheduled task. I haven't used SyncToy but that's a very god suggestion.