Using a Computer Without a Mouse for a Week

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
At tech site ITworld, there's a feature called 'I'll Try It!' where one lucky (or unlucky) person gets to live for seven days doing something unconventional, to see how they'll get by. Normally, I'd be up for all sorts of challenges, because how bad could they be? Well, a recent challenge laid out by the site and bestowed upon one editor makes me cringe. It's something I simply wouldn't be able to do. What's that? Using your PC without a mouse.

itworld_illtryit_062911.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Every peripheral is a living organism, an extension of my body! To spend even a day without a mouse is like living without an arm! Let alone a whole week! lol! :D

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
That's nuts. Some programs just don't work with keyboard toggling and don't even show what option is highlighted when tabbing around the interface. I'm pretty sure I could endure it, but that'd slow down productivity by a huge amount... and I wouldn't last a week. :D

It's far more common for me to just use the on-screen keyboard built into Windows, so I can plug a mouse in and skip installing a keyboard entirely.