USB devices.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Ever have your mps player in and all of a sudden it drops the usb connection? Or your external harddrive just all of a sudden randomly disconnects just to reconnect nopt even a .10 of a sec later?

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DEAL WITH IT? my new mp3 payer is effin awsome... but it keeps dropping the connection, i even know when its about to do it because it wont load in winamp. WTF? My external HDD will even do it sparatically on some laptops and computers while connected. How the #$%& do i fix this?

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Um... so I figured t out... apparently usb devices do not appreciate things with different languages as names. My mp3 player for instance doesnt like song with chineese tags. And my external HDD if connected to a computer without language support for all the files stored on it will reload if while scanning the file it runs across something it doesnt like (like japanesse.)

T-Shirt

E.M.I.
I'm sure it's not the USB and I doubt it's the drive, or flash portion of the player that "don't like"/have problems with extended character sets, i.e. a drive only "sees" bits, it does not care which bits you write.
The computer O/S (the player IS a limited purpose computer) certainly might have a problem interpreting the data without the proper code page loaded.
You can fix the problem for the HDD by loading code pages for any language you use or renaming the troublesome files.
The player probably can't be upgraded so renaming is the only fix avaiable.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
hmm its winamp that has the problems with the music.

And it seems to be only the computers without the language packs that have the problems. I personally have quite a few of the language pack on mine so its no problem for me.