Upgrading from 2GB to 4GB. Questions!

Did you mean the 4GB kit of those which is $136? It's funny. My brothers has those, as well as a friend of mine who just built a new rig. Didn't really want to do the same thing as them, although I guess that sounds kind of stupid. I could spend an extra 4 bucks and get Kingston HyperX RAM... choices... choices...

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Well, whichever is cheapest. If you're not going to OC them then any kit of 4-4-4-12 800MHz RAM would suffice. Those Corsair chips are some of the cheapest stateside, but maybe not on that store...

Yeah I'm guessing prices for different products are a whole lot different between us two. Have you had any experience with the Kingston HyperX memory, or heard anything good/bad about it?
And yes, I do always have this much trouble making a decision when buying things :p

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i bought the 800MHZ corsair RAMS with the XFX 780i. i have one GPU. will the Corsair Dominator-1066MHz work on the 780i without enabling SLi ?!?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
i bought the 800MHZ corsair RAMS with the XFX 780i. i have one GPU. will the Corsair Dominator-1066MHz work on the 780i without enabling SLi ?!?

You might be confusing SLI and SLI-capable memory. The latter is just some needless spec given to RAM that has built-in profiles to go beyond stock speeds of the memory. It has absolutely nothing to do with SLI... it's just a badge tacked on there.