Überclok Pre-Overclocks Their Machines To The Limit

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Ever notice how a lot of companies who promise pre-overclocked gaming-PCs never actually push the hardware that's installed anywhere close to the limit? Chicago-based Überclok are not afraid to push their machines to the (reasonable) limit, and who's to blame them? Intel has been pushing out some incredible overclocking chips since last summer, so the potential for ultra-high-clocked PCs is there.

At the current time, they have two models available, the Ion and Reaktor, the latter which features the Dual-Core E6850 3.0GHz overclocked to 3.7GHz speeds. Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be any mention of GPU overclocking, or the cooling that's included. On top of that, there is no way to upgrade the CPU that's included, either. Strange, but at least there is a 30-day full-money-back guarantee. You don't see that too often.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
uberclock_100507.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Just as a gourmet chef selects the freshest ingredients daily, Überclok's PCs are always built from the newest technology, chosen to give you the biggest bang for your buck. We remain agile by focusing on system design and industry innovation. Since we don't mass produce a huge inventory, we can respond very quickly when component manufacturers release better products. You can be sure an Überclok PC is future-proof, upgradeable, and will give you three years of solid gaming!

Source: Uberclok

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
The sad thing is that the overclocking does little for real world gaming performance and I would expect they are charging a high premium for pre-overclocked machines.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I didn't look that deep at things, or compare prices, but their top-end machine is $2,500 with the 3.7GHz E6850, 8800GTX, 2GB of ram, DVD burner, 500GB hard-drive and of course the OS and whatever else is required. How that compares to other systems on the market, I'm not sure.

Naish

E.M.I.
Well, GPU OCs via driver aren't the most stable anyway, chances are they run factory OC'd cards in them or something.