Turtle Beach HPA2

Jase366

Obliviot
New poster, but not new to the site, usually though most of my questions are already answered.. have moved to Australia from the US, brought with me a set of Turtle Beach HPA2 headphones, forgot the power adapter. Wasn't worried about it to begin with, because I knew I'd need to get a new one down here as the power req's are so diff, then I realized I needed the data on it. ugh.

Have researched and found the data as to voltages and wattage req's, thus know which power adapter to buy..

Problem is that I cannot find out which side is pos/neg for the power adapter, does anyone have a set of these that could look at the power supply and tell me whether the exterior/interior of the plug is pos/neg? I can't figure it out without trial and error, which could turn expensive.

Thanks in advance
Jase

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
Problem is that I cannot find out which side is pos/neg for the power adapter, does anyone have a set of these that could look at the power supply and tell me whether the exterior/interior of the plug is pos/neg? I can't figure it out without trial and error, which could turn expensive.

Thanks in advance
Jase

1) According to the Turtle Beach website the HPA2 headset is powered from a USB connection. Just plug in the USB and audio cables and you should be good to go.

2) For DC inputs the case is almost always marked with a little symbol like the attached image which tells you which way around.

Attachments

• adaptor.jpg
    adaptor.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 560

Jase366

Obliviot
1) According to the Turtle Beach website the HPA2 headset is powered from a USB connection. Just plug in the USB and audio cables and you should be good to go.

2) For DC inputs the case is almost always marked with a little symbol like the attached image which tells you which way around.

yes tango, i know it has that option for later versions.. mine is previous to that version and as such has an AC power adapter (you'll see that in the site tech specs under 'power adapters' but i have looked into those already and it doesn't have the info I need)... and I know what the diagram looks like, i just want to have someone look at the diagram vs just visualize it in my mind as i don't have that power adapter any longer, and the diagram is located on the power adapter.

Last edited:

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
I know what the diagram looks like, i just want to have someone look at the diagram vs just visualize it in my mind as i don't have that power adapter any longer, and the diagram is located on the power adapter.

Well, this must be your lucky day... I found a picture of the power supply in a review on (ahem) another site... It's clear enough to read the specs....

It's 7.5vdc, 500ma - Center Positive .... (See Below).

Head off to Radio Shack, Circuit City, etc. and you're all set ... take the Amplifier with you so you can match the size of the connector.

Attachments

• WallWart.jpg
    WallWart.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 539
  • Closeup.jpg
    Closeup.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 532
Last edited:

Jase366

Obliviot
Well, this must be your lucky day... I found a picture of the power supply in a review on (ahem) another site... It's clear enough to read the specs....

It's 7.5vdc, 500ma - Center Positive .... (See Below).

Head off to Radio Shack, Circuit City, etc. and you're all set ... take the Amplifier with you so you can match the size of the connector.

Thank you Tango, you're a pimp. appreciate the help.

on a side note, circuit city doesn't exist any longer :) but i wish we had something of that sort in australia, not having any of the mega stores makes it quite a bit harder to find stuffs.

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey

on a side note, circuit city doesn't exist any longer :) but i wish we had something of that sort in australia, not having any of the mega stores makes it quite a bit harder to find stuffs.

Do they have WallabeeMart... err... sorry... WalMart down there? In Canada they have quite a selection of adaptors in their electronics section.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Hmmmm... obviously I don't find that as funny as you do... :eek:

I think he meant "Pip"... which I'd accept as a compliment. :)

From urban dictionary; pimp ... to plow the fields, generally in rural upstate New York

I would not have made the association with "upstate NY", but I have heard somewhere in my past this association. In this case, I related it to your ability to find information on the net ... pimp the net for information, in other words.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member

Nice investigative work! To be clear though, I have no problems with someone here mentioning another site, so don't be afraid to give credit where it's due :)

That is so appropriate... I've always pictured Tango to be a purple-hat cane-wielder ;)

Being called a pimp in relation to tech knowledge isn't at all a bad thing. It's one of those words that seems to have far too many different meanings.