Tt eSPORTS BLACK Gaming Mouse Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
"Ah, I'd love to use a high DPI mouse, every day - And kick major ass in every game I play - But until I get another, where the sensor doesn't lack - I'll do what I can, and use the mouse called BLACK."

You can read through Jamie's in-depth look at Thermaltake's latest gaming mouse and then discuss it here!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
The Mouse In Black

Well, you wonder why I always use the BLACK,
Why you never see bright colors on my back,
And why does my Techgage seem to have a somber tone.
Well, there's a reason for the sprees that I go on.

I use the BLACK on the poor and to beat you down,
Makin you the hopeless, feelin so locked down,
I use it for my team who has long paid for worthless mice,
But they're feelin they are a victim of the times.

I use the BLACK for those who've never read
The manual included with the mouse that said
About the road to happiness through pain and a killspree
Why, you'd think it was talking straight to you and me

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,
With ov'r clocked procs and L.E.D.'S,
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
to the right there ought 'a be a mouse that's BLACK.

I use it on the sick and wicked 1337,
For the reckless ones whose charge in looked so bleek,
I use the BLACK to leave you mournin' for the lives that could have been,
each week spending lives like they were Yen.

And, I've used it on thousands who have died,
Believen' that Mad HAX was on their side,
And I'll cause another hundred thousand to have died,
Believen' the next patch would give a place to hide.

Well, there's things that never will be right I know,
And things need changin' everywhere you go,
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me cap a man with WHITE.

Ah, I'd love to have a high DPI every day
And kick major ass in every game I play
But, until I get another where the sensors don't still lack
I'll suffer what I can, and use the mouse in BLACK

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Good read Jamie.

The mouse looks uncomfortable to me. Is this a design that you would consider using on a daily basis if the flaws you mention in the review were remedied?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Good read Jamie.

The mouse looks uncomfortable to me. Is this a design that you would consider using on a daily basis if the flaws you mention in the review were remedied?

I have to agree with this. Though to be fair, a LOT of mice don't appeal to me right off the bat. In fact, sometimes I'm an outright hypocrite. In my June 2006 review of Logitech's G3, I said:

"After becoming spoiled with the 'fits like a glove' design of the MX 518, I know I could not handle using this mouse every day."

Yeah, well, believe it or not, I'm using it right this moment. It's not horrible, but due to absolute laziness, I haven't replaced the other mice I've used between now and then that have died on me. I'm of the belief I could get used to almost anything.

On-topic, I gotta admit that I am not totally fond of Thermaltake's software. It's not HORRIBLE, but I've yet to see ANY mouse software that's simple to use and not headache-inducing. Perhaps I need to pick up a Logitech mouse and see what its all about since Jamie seems pleased overall with the software there.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Good read Jamie.

If you're not one for ambidextrous designs, then no, it wouldn't be too comfortable. I don't mind ambi designs, I've used a Razer Boomslang and Lachesis for many years and don't find them too bad. It's only under heavy gaming that they can become a problem, but the same can be said for any mouse.

The mouse does elevate the palm and is quite long, so it's really meant for larger hands. I personally done mind it, but it's a little too light for my taste.

So yes, i could use it daily, but only if the issues were resolved. The reason i make the distinction between heavy gaming and daily use is that, while gaming, my grip tightens, and then yes, a number of comfort issues arise, but this is the case with every mouse i have used so far. The M705 by Logitech would be the most comfortable I've used so far, but it has a low poll rate and limited DPI, so I don't use it.

BTW, Rob and Stork had a field day with the Johnny Cash Parody - if you don't understand the lyrics, well.... don't ask me, i'm largely clueless as to what they're on about, lol.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
BTW, Rob and Stork had a field day with the Johnny Cash Parody - if you don't understand the lyrics, well.... don't ask me, i'm largely clueless as to what they're on about, lol.

Well, I was listening to Cash while editing the article, and when reviewing a mouse called BLACK... come on! The description for the article is meant to sync with the end of the Man in Black:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXRmJyIyJbM&t=2m45s