Traveler forced to remove nipple ring...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you needed another reason to dislike the TSA, here it is:

Hamlin, 37, said she was trying to board a flight from Lubbock to Dallas on February 24 when she was scanned by a Transportation Security Administration agent after passing through a larger metal detector without problems.

The female TSA agent used a handheld detector that beeped when it passed in front of Hamlin's chest, the Dallas-area resident said.

Hamlin said she told the woman she was wearing nipple piercings. The agent called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry, Hamlin said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/27/nipple.ring.ap/index.html

She's not exactly the most attractive woman, so I wonder if that's one of the reasons why the jerks behind the badges decided it had to be done. I wonder if it was some intense hottie, if she would have been treated the same way?

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Well, nipples are pretty dangerous, in the wrong hands.
WTF were they thinking anyway, another just pushing of authority?

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

werty316

Partition Master
I wonder if it was some intense hottie, if she would have been treated the same way?
Wouldn't that be more than enough of a reason to do? :D

Seriously though that issue is quite outrageous as a nipple ring won't cause harm to anyone on a flight.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Wouldn't that be more than enough of a reason to do? :D

Seriously though that issue is quite outrageous as a nipple ring won't cause harm to anyone on a flight.
Maybe it was Janet Jackson?

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

werty316

Partition Master
Gawe, I think I would have to gouge my eyes out and start runnin' if that were the case
scared0018.gif

slugbug

Coastermaker
I supposed they thought she might have had machine gun jumblies like the fem-bots in the Austin Powers movie :rolleyes: