Travel with Techgage: Taiwan for Computex 2009

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Our Computex 2009 coverage is long done with, but this article isn't about what we saw on the show floor or learned during a meeting. Rather, this article takes a look at things from a different angle: the experience. We'll talk both about what life is like during these trips, and in this particular case, what it's like to spend time in Taiwan for just over a week.

You can read the full article here and discuss it here!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I found this extremely interesting and a few surprises of the $$ difference
I bet you will have a good rest after your return

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh, I've been back since last Thurs. Just took me a while to get back in the groove to write this, haha. Yes, the $ difference over there is quite stark in some cases. It's just too bad the flight is $1,500+! The women over there make it well-worth it though ;-)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Rob -

This article kicked so much ass, THANK YOU! I have always wanted to travel over to the Asian markets and attend one of these. Thank you for the insight!

*two big thumbs up*
:)

evilives34

Obliviot
wow that look fun, i lived in japan for awhile its PC stores are limited lots of older parts but few new products, but now that im in the states, live 20mins away from tigerdirect store and 45mins from the warehouse so cheap and new computer parts are nice and close :D and your right Rob today you can't go to a other country and not see stores that your familiar with, the world is getting smaller every day.

P.S. my first post on this great tech site :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks for the comments guys! Glad the article proved interesting.

T-D: You gotta hit up Asia at some point... you won't regret it. It's just so different there. As I mentioned, the differences might be good or bad depending on your views, but you certainly wouldn't leave disappointed.

evilives34: Welcome to the forums! I've never been to Japan, so I have no idea if the two places could even be compared, but I'm curious. I gotta go there some day... talk about a gaming mecca!

evilives34

Obliviot
gaming mecca is right you can't go 3 blocks without see at least one arcade and a lot of the time a game store is connected to the arcade. and the main reason japan doesn't have new parts most of the time is PCs are on the decline in japan, i mean they got phones and other devices that can do what a PC and there a lot smaller too

edit: japan is very similar in many (and those signs are there too)just a lot more people. and if you go NEVER use the high speed train in rush hour, they pack you in literally :)

Last edited:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i wanna visit Taiwan with lots o mooney and buy shit loads of grafix cards n mobos n coolers n just put em in me room and stare at em all day long! or just visit a shop n stare at em till the shop guy calls security for staring at the hott stuff lined up to be bought n used over n over again!