Toshiba announces 32GB SDHC cards

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have a few SDHC cards laying around here, capacity of 4GB. With those, I have a hard time even coming close to filling it up in a single session, while shooting 10MP RAW+JPEG. For professionals, I could understand 8GB, but Toshiba blows the doors straight off what we thought was high-end with the announcement of their 16GB and 32GB SDHC card. Prices should be $350 and $700... not bad considering 8GB cards just earlier this year retailed for over $400.
<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
toshiba_32gb_sdhc_engadget.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table> Yeah, Toshiba just announced an 8GB microSDHC card and even a massive 16GB full-size SDHC card (launching in October for ¥40,000, about $350), but it's the friggin 32GB card we're eyeballing. Due out January of next year for ¥80,000, soon enough you'll be plunking down seven bills for what's surely the last memory card you'll need for, what, six months?

Source: Engadget
Unbelievable! I remember being surprised earlier this year when 8GB SDHC cards were announced. I thought, "Well, it's rare to see 4GB, so it's no wonder it's even rarer to see 8GB", and here Toshiba comes along and QUADRUPLES IT.

I'm waiting for the 64GB SDHC, personally.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
How absolutely impressive is that?

So when is the 4 way round up with a couple if these? :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hah, I plan on following-up with a comparison run of 4GB and 8GB cards, possibly 16GB but it's not really that important. 16GB and higher is absolutely needless on a D-SLR, unless you happen to be using one of those 20-megapixel wonders. 16GB and 32GB would be great in a high-definition video camera that utilizes SD though.