Toothaches

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Something I've come to surmise over the past week is that there are few maladies as frustrating as a bad toothache. I am about as stubborn as they come when it comes to seeing a doctor or a dentist (you could say it's like pulling teeth), but I'm being forced to. I've tried different pills, to no avail with the ease of pain. Benzocaine working is a pipe dream (unless I get to the point where I want to inject it, maybe), and even ice isn't doing a damn thing.

I'd rather be sick with the flu than have a toothache!

That is all <3

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Don't put it off if it's an infection. Most bad toothaches that do not go away are and you can die from them due to the infection. One of my teachers waited something around three weeks before she finally saw a dentist about a toothache that had developed into severe migraines. It was an infected tooth and at that point the only cure was to remove it. Might sound harsh, but putting it off only makes the situation worse!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't believe this to be an infection. I think it's a wisdom tooth that took it's good ole time to start coming in that's causing the problem, but there might not be enough room for it.

Gotta call the dentist and hope I can get in quick. Fun times.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I didn't see this coming. It's starting to feel better. Either it's because the infection has gone to my brain, or it was just a flare-up of some kind. Beats going to the dentist.

Of course, I could wake up tomorrow crying like a baby due to the pain. Life. It's fun.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I didn't see this coming. It's starting to feel better. Either it's because the infection has gone to my brain, or it was just a flare-up of some kind. Beats going to the dentist.

Of course, I could wake up tomorrow crying like a baby due to the pain. Life. It's fun.

I wouldn't write off what Kougar said. Tooth pain can be the first sign of terrible things to come. I'm glad that it's starting to feel better but if the pain persists, even at a lower level, seek professional help.*

* I am not a dentist.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh, I'm not writing it off at all. I'm just that stubborn. The pain is even less today, so I'll just go with the flow. I just hope I don't turn into a zombie or something stupid like that.

If it continues even in a small way I will go, but it almost feels like it's just going to disappear. My original speculation is that I bit too hard one day, because the back top tooth does hit the gum if I bite too hard. That might have flared it up, but can't be certain.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Go see the Dentist ASAP man! Don't wait so long! :D

I had my upper wisdom teeth removed cause of the regular pains. Better now ofcourse.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I had a terrible tooth ache once and was on my way to the dentist to get it taken care of when I took an arrow to the knee.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Man up ... go have them pulled without Novocaine. That'll show 'em

Actually I did get a cavity drilled & filled w/o any pain killer *once". The dentist told me it wasn't that deep and it would be so much quicker and wouldn't hurt much. Well, I did survive and I did not castrate the guy on the way out. It was quick.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Man up ... go have them pulled without Novocaine. That'll show 'em

Actually I did get a cavity drilled & filled w/o any pain killer *once". The dentist told me it wasn't that deep and it would be so much quicker and wouldn't hurt much. Well, I did survive and I did not castrate the guy on the way out. It was quick.

Haha. I had all four wisdom teeth removed, at once, by an oral surgeon a few years ago. Man the guy was awesome, the entire ordeal took just 30 minutes and was "relatively" painless. Got the option of novocaine or knockout gas, went with the novocaine.

Even good dentists will tell you to see an oral surgeon for wisdom teeth removal, it's one of the most common procedures for them and the good ones will have it down to a science. I've had more unpleasant visits to the dentist than I did getting all four wisdom teeth cracked and yanked by that oral surgeon.