Tony Hawk Proving Ground Demo On XBL, Ikaruga and Rez On Their Way

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
For all those Xbox 360-owning Tony Hawk Pro Skater fans out there, stop what you are doing, turn on the console and promptly download the Proving Ground demo. I'm bordering on Tony Hawk Pro Skater fanboy, so I expect to give it a try in just a short bit. For the first time in a while, the series finally has some competition with EA's skate., which was recently awarded an impressive 90% at IGN. I can't remember the last time any Tony Hawk game has had such high scores, so here's to hoping that Proving Ground seriously impresses and has a chance to retain it's reign.

In other semi-related news, Joystiq relays information from the Tokyo Gaming Show conference where announcements were released of Rez, Ikaruga, Exit, Omega Five and Triggerheart Exelica all coming to Xbox Live Arcade. No dates have been laid, but Ikaruga in particular has my interest piqued. That game was gorgeous as is when released on the Sega Dreamcast, so I'm curious to see if it will be upgraded at all for XBL. It's also one of the most difficult top-down shooters out there (is there an easy one?), and should definitely prove worthy of your cash once released.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
tony_hawk_9_demo_091207.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Microsoft confirmed that Tetsuya Mizuguchi's melodic shooter will soon make you hear everything you see and see everything you hear on Xbox Live Arcade. Other things you'll see are waves of hypnotic bullets (Ikaruga), saviors adorned with fine hats (EXIT), pulsating geometric shapes (Every Extend Extra Extreme), flying robots (Omega Five) and... er, some sort of Japanese car (Triggerheart Exelica)? No release dates have been announced for any of the games, though we suspect none of them are likely to come soon enough.

Source: Joystiq (TH Proving Ground), Joystiq (Ikaruga)