Time for a new one!

madmat

Soup Nazi
Great, yes the voltages are likely dropping far enough that with the fanmate it's giving you less than the 5 or 7V needed to run the fan.

Glad to hear that the ram's doing good for you.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Well I feel better now, but there's something else. I don't know if it's the nforce hardware or windows or what.. My bandwidth seems to be cut to less than a third of what it used to be. Before, when I'd go to the cnet bandwidth tester I'd get 2.2Mbps+. Now I'm getting ~600kbps, and I've seen it at ~150 since using this mb. I did have a network card instead of the onboard network (in my other pc), but there was little difference in the bandwidth. I've tried resetting the modem fully disconnecting and reconnecting it, unplugging it and restarting the pc then plugging it back in.. All sorts of stuff, did anyone else have this kind of problem? I'll get in touch with my cable provider in the morning, see what I can find out.

And another thing... Almost all of my downloads have been corrupted somehow. It took me 5 tries to get FireFox and windows update doesn't even connect. No I'm not trying to update using FF.

Last edited:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Just did a full on reinstall and complete format. Internet worked just fine afterwards. Now back to reinstallations.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Lol yeah! I did get rid of the nvidia firewall thing though. Everytime I had a new program installed and after rebooting it gave me an error saying I needed to restart... AGAIN. So it's gone.

Heads up, don't use speedfan with nf4 boards!:mad: Caused my system to do an instant shut down. I had to turn the power supply off and then back on for it to post.

Last edited:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I dropped him a line reporting the problem.

Got the processor running at 2.7G 12x225. Core is 1.37v haven't touched it, the ram I bumped from 2.66 to 2.68v. Been running folding@home for ~6 hours while I was at school. Temps were below 30c when I got in. I'll loosen up the timings on the ram, currently 2.5-3-3-6, and increase the core a little see where I can go. I've seen some PDP ram hit 40mhz oc.

madmat

Soup Nazi
Run 2 instances (each instance in it's own folder) of F@H to stress the CPU better since it is a dually. Go into task manager and set the affinity of each instance to one core or the other.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
The 150 isn't a dual core. The 165's and higher recieved dual cores. The ram doesn't like cas 3, but I got it to 2.5-3-3-8 @ 230mhz. Super Pi won't run, and I get errors in aq3. I haven't touched the chipset or core voltages yet, and the ram is running at less voltage now than it was before. I set it for 2.66 but I'm reading 2.62 through the smarguard program.

mljitz.jpg

Last edited:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Stable as a rock at 225x12 2.7ghz. No voltage increases and stock timings. I'm just going to leave it there til I get the better ram.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
The 7800 is running 490/1200 with stock sink. I should be getting the Arctic cooler tomorrow or saturday. Might be able to boost it to 500/1200, we'll see. I'll start up some benchmarks to see what'll happen. Didn't have any problems running f@h today so it should be alright.

Last edited:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Haven't been able to do much testing due to work and school. I've been setting up updates and patches when I can. I ran Aq3 the first night at 2.56Ghz got about 90k and somewhere in the neighborhood of 8k in 3dmark05. That was before the format. I'll try to keep you guys updated but I'm in and out for the next few days. I just keep running f@h to check stability. So far so good.