Tiger vs. Crocodile

Clarence

Obliviot
Exactly, it's the environment that will determine the winner. Land = Tiger / Water = crocodile.

If they were in space it would be a whole different situation all together.

Clarence

Obliviot
Fine, if not space, then a zero gravity atmosphere that's contained in a giant dome somehow ... with killsaws

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I dont know about you but I think a tiger would kick my ass. I am pretty sure a large house cat could do me in as well.

BlindMonk

E.M.I.
House cats are much more diabolic in the long run. We know tigers can kill and kill hard. But housecats... ooooo, housecats lull us into a false sense of suburban security. They stare out their windows, they romp on the sofa, they sprawl out on the floor where the sun is shining through, and they do this day in and day out for years. And then one Summer morn they rub up against your legs for their daily attention and you reach down (thinking what a nice choice you made to get such a low-maintenence pet as a cat) and handle 'em ever so slightly in the wrong way and *poof* ... your dead with full body lacerations yet the autopsy shows cause of death as strangulation from massive hair inhalation. Your eyes remain open and your mouth gapes crookedly, your arms doubled in on themselves in painful contortions as you strove for air.

Tigers will at least let you pray to whatever gods you deem necessary before devouring you. "Domestic" house cats wait in devilish anticipation of that moment of fleeting horror as we are caught with our minds, hearts and bellies exposed. The story is one of trust and betrayal and its legacy of anguish echoes through history.

On an aside to this aside, check out the short story Tooth and Claw by T.C. Boyle.

Last edited:

Enigmachine

Obliviot
Some tigers (and panteras) actually enjoy a dip from time to time and will pounce on fish from an overhang or branch. They are far from helpless in the water... but one bite from a croc and they get their tail handed to them. :)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
On a house cat note... the reason they wont let you pray is because (like in the egyptian culture) they are demigods who wish to guide your spirit themselves.

or not.

Just fyi, Im not really affraid of any animal. Iunno why. It could be that at the age of 9 I stared down two charging rot's while they were chasing a friend of mine. It could be that every animal that has tried to fight me has lost, and most of the time I was bare handed. I guess if I was affraid of something it would have to be in the water, not because I think I would lose mind you, but because Im very dense and I dont float well. (genetics is a bitch) If it managed to drag me down far enough, Id drown after beating its ass.

dloneranger

Obliviot
House cats are much more diabolic in the long run. We know tigers can kill and kill hard. But housecats... ooooo, housecats lull us into a false sense of suburban security. They stare out their windows, they romp on the sofa, they sprawl out on the floor where the sun is shining through, and they do this day in and day out for years. And then one Summer morn they rub up against your legs for their daily attention and you reach down (thinking what a nice choice you made to get such a low-maintenence pet as a cat) and handle 'em ever so slightly in the wrong way and *poof* ... your dead with full body lacerations yet the autopsy shows cause of death as strangulation from massive hair inhalation. Your eyes remain open and your mouth gapes crookedly, your arms doubled in on themselves in painful contortions as you strove for air.

Not quite as bad as that, but my cat did give my cousin a black eye once
Lucky he didn't get his eye ripped out :)

For some reason he never teases the cats anymore......

carlos866

Obliviot
oh yeah, my cats are vicious, but then again, when i was little i used to put socks on thier head and watch them run around...nah, i'm not a bad person...