Thumb Drives

fullpicture

Obliviot
LOOP said:
I run Windows XP on an 8 gigabyte partition. Works excelently, and whenever I get a crash and it needs to re-check the harddrive during bootup it goes SUPER FAST, since it only needs to check the 8 gigabyte partition.

Why are you running Windows XP on an 8 gigabyte partition?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Nothing wrong with running on a 8GB partition. Windows only really needs 4-5 GB of HDD space to install on. I usually make my Windows partition 12GB but thats just me. 8 is more than enough in my opinion.

As for thumb drives, I have never had one untill this weekend when Ageia gave us each one with launch information on them. They were only 128mb but thast 128mb of mobile storage then I had before so I can't complain. In just the 2 days I have been back home, I have come to realize that I dont know how I survived without a thumb drive of some sorts before.

ducarti

Obliviot
DarkSynergy said:
As for thumb drives, I have never had one untill this weekend when Ageia gave us each one with launch information on them. They were only 128mb but thast 128mb of mobile storage then I had before so I can't complain. In just the 2 days I have been back home, I have come to realize that I dont know how I survived without a thumb drive of some sorts before.

You said you came to realize that you can't believe how you survived without one. What exactly do you use your thumb drive for that you need it that badly?

tugovony said:
I only have a 256mb thumb drive.

I use it to backup schoolwork, and for going back and forth between home and computer lab at school.

I have the same size and use it for the exact same reason.