They must really want me to play this game...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Over the years, I've received some great product, some bad product, and some product that went up in smoke. I've also received some product that was shipped in the strangest way possible. I remember receiving a 30" monitor from Gateway in a plastic case so thick, I swear a bullet wouldn't go through. Then there was the time I received 2 hard drives from Seagate on a half-pallet (the entire contraption could have supported 48 drives).

When NVIDIA said that they were sending me Batman: Arkham Asylum to check out, I thought nothing of it... until I received it three times. Not just three times, but in three different formats. One is the actual US release, while the other is the British release (it has the UK rating on it), and the third was... a burned copy. Yes, a burned copy, straight from Eidos. Gotta love it!

Oh, and the product that the games are sitting on top of may or may not be part of a prize for a contest to go down next month ;)

Attachments

• batman_arkham_asylum.jpg
    batman_arkham_asylum.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 552

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Haha, well it seems like they haven't left you with much choice.

Can't wait to see what you think of it Rob.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Lol! i've played this game, finished it. Playing again on higher difficulty! It is Awesome! Truly worthy of The Dark Knight! You must try it......

Rebeca

Obliviot
If only it'd be possible to play that game in an IMAX screen (just like I watched Dark Knight).

Are there any other differences between the US and UK versions apart from the rating? Is that a monitor box under those games?

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Lol! i've played this game, finished it. Playing again on higher difficulty! It is Awesome! Truly worthy of The Dark Knight! You must try it......

After some sore disappointments, I stay away from games based on movies/franchises.

Might have to check this one out.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I've heard only good things about the game, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. Not particularly a fan of superhero games or movies, but I'm willing to keep an open mind about it. It seems more "adult" than typical superhero games, so that's a plus. It apparently also makes great use of PhysX (I've heard this coming from regular Joe's, not NVIDIA).

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
u must try it! PhysX made it run really slow so i had to play without it..still, very much fun though! the graphics were excellent. Every thing Very High, 2xAA and 1920 *1080..it ran smooth on my system considering my GPU is really a low budget one...

Altrus

Coastermaker
Have to say, one of the funnest games I've played in quite awhile.

It is also the only game on my PS3 that is completeled 100% and has every trophy obtained for it. It was just so much fun getting all the trophies. :D

Might not last long, since they just released trophys for Disgaea 3.

Last edited: