Thermaltake Level 10 GT Full-Tower Chassis Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When Thermaltake released its Level 10 chassis, it was unique in both its design and price-point - the latter of which kept it out of the hands of the regular enthusiast. Enter the Level 10 GT, a ~$270 variant that retains much of the aesthetic appeal of the original, but is easier to build with and has other cool features added to boot.

Read through Ryan's in-depth look at Thermaltake's Level 10 GT chassis and then discuss it here!

marfig

No ROM battery
Gorgeous, big, techy, over-the-top. I love every bit of it.

I look at a case like this as deserving only of the best components. Like a private club who just doesn't let anyone inside. Only the cream of the city.

What impresses me more is the design of course. But it's a computer case, no doubt about that. And that's exactly what I expect of computer case design to be. No matter how extravagant, I want to immediately recognize them. For the design to always illustrate the purpose. It's the difference between someone new coming to your home and asking "That's so cool! What's that?" and "That's the coolest computer case I've ever seen!". The latter results on a prouder smug. I especially like the fact they took the Level 10 somewhat flat and blocky design and essentially trimmed those hard edges giving it a rounder, slender look. They also made it more compact and with a less bland exterior. But never giving up on allying form with function. Every styled piece of that case has a function.

That, not being happy with it, they go on to produce an effective cooling case, is even better. In my area where temperatures can easily go over 40 C (104 F) during 1 month of the year and stay above 30 C (86 F) for 3 or 4 months, cooling is pretty much a relevant issue. And, as I hear from this article it is also quiet! *drool*

Great review of a beautiful case. Thanks! Couldn't possibly own one as it exceeds the space under my table and there's no other place I could put this behemoth. But, while slightly worried someone in the industry may not understand exactly what Thermaltake did here, here's to hope they do and extravagance doesn't become the name of the game when new cases try to follow on the success this case will no doubt become!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Thanks, marfig. ;)
marfig said:
I look at a case like this as deserving only of the best components. Like a private club who just doesn't let anyone inside. Only the cream of the city.
I'm completely in agreement with you here. The original was out of just about anybody's price range (although there was a build log from someone who bought one and actually modded it - one slip and you've waste $800!!!), this one is a bit more reasonable.

Even still, the GT version would still be out of my price range so I'm very lucky to have received a sample to play with.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Loved the review. Glad to hear you had a much better time with this case then you did the last one, that last one was a nightmare ugh.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Ohh, I'd love to have this! I need to think of something to put in the contest thread! My mind is not cooperating at the moment.

eunoia

Partition Master
Nice work there, glamourous professional hardware reviewer! Even when you're carousing in Taiwan, Frankfurt and Vegas, I know hardware will be foremost. When they start sending petite Asian soap and scrub twins up to your suite, remember the little people! :D

About the review: I'm sorta hoping the exterior thumbscrews for the PCI slots becomes the new "typical rear layout". Seems like true innovation: less chance those screws will end up in the bottom of the case, or worse, fall into the PSU!

Edited to ask:
What headset is this?
tt_level_10_gt_28_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty ritzy.

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Still waiting on those soap girls. ;)

Good call on the external thumbscrews. I mount my PSU fan down anyway but I learned that the hard way. Plus, that's not always an option on every case although this one it is.

There have been times that I have thoroughly lost a thumbscrew down in the case though. Those buggers hide like nobody's business!

Believe it or not, that's the Arctic Sound headset that I did my first review on. I still use it for all of my listening needs. Small, light weight, good sound quality and a good amount of bass for when I'm shootin' up teh n00bz!