Thermaltake Kandalf VA9000B

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The Kandalf is virtually an Armor with some additions, but are these additions worth the extra cash? We are also taking a look at the new A2400 with 250mm fan to see if it improves on the original.

Discuss Gregs review here!

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I'd seen this new addition to the case on TT's website, and wondered how much of an improvement that'd make. I'm glad you took care of that Greg. :D lol I can agree with you wholeheartedly about the fan addition. If you're running water I can't see it as such an importance. Those with fans would benefit the most. Great case, nice work.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
THank you Jakal. The huge fan in the window is a nice idea but for those with a water setup, this just doesn't make sence. It does help with cooling the motherboard but this is not something that usually gets out of hand to begin with.

madmat

Soup Nazi
If you want to use the rear drive gondola getting longer SATA cables will allow you to route them up through the perforation along the drive bays in the front (the ones on the mobo side) then up and back to the drive gondola. I did that in Vince's PC. The reason I didn't do it in mine is because I'm always sawpping things around and don't like having to cut zip-ties to reroute a cable or two.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I could not live without zip ties. I am going to have to use the top gondola though now. I am adding a Danger Den 240 Radiator to the loop so with 3 fans blowing over 2 radiators, temps should drop even further. I also have to rework my lool and make sure that the compnents are getting the coolest water possible.

werty316

Partition Master
That is one sweet case and the 25cm fan is damn huge but It would bug me over time with dust. Zip ties are one handy tool for modders. I couldn't have made a PCI cooler with out them.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I agree that zip-ties are great but when you're moving things around in your case as much as I am it's damned near impossible to commit to one location for each cable. That's what I was talking about when I said I didn't go that route.