Thermaltake Hardcano 13

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
What's a computer without a cool front panel? Thermaltake's Hardcano is more than just a cool LED light. It allows you to control up to four fans and also keep track of four sensors. How well does it work? Read on...

Read Drews review of the Hardcano here, and then discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

I have owned one of the Hardcano 13's for some time now.
Overall it does the job and I like it, for the price.

One more negative:
- no way to shut off backlit display (BRIGHT!)

Phase II

Obliviot
Have they resolved the problem of it losing its settings? I purchased one a year and a half ago, but after a month, it lost the settings (LED color, deg. F, etc.) every time I rebooted. Turns out, it was burning the backup battery very quickly (on average, in a couple of weeks, judging by other threads on other forums). Changing the battery would remedy this, but you'd go through a couple of batteries every month.

However, looking at the pictures in this new review, it seems the backup battery is missing. Perhaps Tt removed it and the HC13 saves settings some other way.

Would the testing have revealed if it indeed keeps its settings for more than a few weeks?

Drew

E.M.I.
That issue has been resolved.

I was the reviewer for the Hardcano 13 and before the review was posted I tested it for 2 months striaght and it never lost any of the settings once. I am still using it in my home computer and it has not even eaten 1 set of batteries.

I tend to leave my computer on most days and nights straight so i can feel confident to say that any issues regarding battery consumption have been resolved.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

U

Unregistered

Compatible Fans?

Hi, I am just wondering what some compatible fans would be for the hardcano 13. Thanks if anyone writes back

U

Unregistered

Re: Compatible Fans

Thx dude, I was thinking the same thing but I was reading something some where else and got confused.

U

Unregistered

However, looking at the pictures in this new review, it seems the backup battery is missing. Perhaps Tt removed it and the HC13 saves settings some other way.

Looks like they did away with the CR2032 'button' battery and use 3 AA's instead now. Drew, can you confirm what size these are? I know what mod I'm performing later on!

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Yes, you're correct, those are 3 AA batteries included in the kit. I hope this clears things up for you :).

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Yes, you're correct, those are 3 AA batteries included in the kit. I hope this clears things up for you :).

Thanks! I had to replace the CR2032 in mine almost every week when I got it (beginning of '04 IIRC). I just gave up and was resetting the speed settings each time I booted. Off to Radio Shack I go!