Thermaltake BigWater 760i

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you thought about liquid-cooling your PC, but were put off by the complexity of a typical installation, Thermaltake's BigWater 760i may be the solution for you. The drive-bay mounting system is a novel solution, but can it provide enough of an advantage over air-cooling to make it worthwhile?

You can read Rory's full review here and discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

Ben

Dear Mr. Rory's
I bulid up a system about a year ago. I bout a package of MB(Intel DX38BT) and two OCZ -PCZ10600 ram ,ATI Radeon hd 2600 pro 256mb(2), OCZ 850W GAMESTREAM P.S.-AND This Thermaltake Bigwater 760i liquid cooling system.
Up to a week ago I did not have a major problem with this system, however it did not turn out to be as expected.
Last week on a couple of occasion the PC failed to bring up the video. the system was coming up with no video.
I suspected this might be the video cards. I changed the video cards, and then to only one, it did not work.Between MB and PS, I lingered. Eventually I replaced the PS( power supply ) with another OCZ 520 Watts that I had on my other system. The problem seems to be resolved for now but the question is remained.
Why PS. Does this Thermaltake Bigwater 760i liquid cooling system have anything to do with draining power supply's life . What if it does the same thing to the new P.S. in a couple of months?
One of the reason I went for 850W power supply in the first place was this 600 ma cooling system.
I have read your article and I was wondering what your professional opinion is. I would like to do some proper research before contacting any of these companies.

I thank you in advance for the trouble
Ben

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
OCZ had some issues with their GameXtreme power supplies which could be a contributing factor. Mostly, it sounds like you just had some bad luck.

2Tired2Tango

Tech Monkey
Eventually I replaced the PS( power supply ) with another OCZ 520 Watts that I had on my other system. The problem seems to be resolved for now but the question is remained.
Why PS. Does this Thermaltake Bigwater 760i liquid cooling system have anything to do with draining power supply's life .

Ben, it probably doesn't have anything to do with the Cooler.

It sounds to me like a random power supply failure... It happens. Things inside run pretty hot at times especially with multiple high end video cards.

I've been using InWin Power supplies for a long time with very little trouble... but even then you do get the occasional failure. It's just the nature of the beast.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I had an OCZ ModXStream 700W die on me a few months ago after it was used for a year, so it could be that a certain batch of like PSU's at the time were less-than-ideal coming out of the factory. I agree with Bill and Tango though... it sounds much more like a PSU issue than anything else.

U

Unregistered

760is

if u replace the 1/4 black line with 3/8 and change the fittinggs in the pump and radiator to 3/8 u will get much better cooling if u dont do that u will run hot if overclocking