Thermaltake Armor VA8000B

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A PC case is nothing more than a housing for your PC parts but to many the case represents the PC by giving it personality. Today we take a look at the Armor from Thermaltake and the personality it comes across with is pure brute.

After reading the review here, discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Our main man Matt reviewed that case. Regardless, it was a great review and thank you for your compliments.

werty316

Partition Master
Ah oops I never read who reviewed that nice case. I just thought Rob did since he posted it. I guess I never read the whole review hehe :eek:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I <3 this case. I've never had a full tower before and it's been great working with the Armor. There's just so much room in there :)! The Ultra X2 I have stays cool even with the drive cage in front of it. I've kept the cage off, but since adding my SATA drive, I decided to use the top cage. I might try drilling out those holes as well, Matt. They looked a bit small for the fan.

I'm considering getting the BigWater 745 and am looking at optional fan placement for my 2 vid cards. I don't feel the front 12cm is pushing enough air to them. I'm going to see about turning the front drive cage around and having the fan closer to the cards to feed fresh air. I would think there's enough room to turn it around without interferring with the front panel.

Good work on that review man. It made me appreciate mine even more!
:):D:D

madmat

Soup Nazi
It's a great case, I love having a 2 X 120mm radiator in the front and room enough for 3 hard drives plus 3 optical drives and a fanbus. To me that's just awesome in my book. I'm not quite as fond on the way the backplane on the PSU is but for a PSU with a single 80 or dual end mounted fans the case is perfect since it's so deep front to back. Wonderful case overall.

T

thermaltake user

I bought it for my computer, and im glad

All, i can say is a great case, and the blue leds add great style

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
All, i can say is a great case, and the blue leds add great style
Thermaltake does make a good case.
I have two Armor, one black steel, one silver aluminum, the third case is the Mozart TX case.
All built and designed for room and cooling.

Merlin