Theme Hospital released on GOG

marfig

No ROM battery
The revered Theme Hospital was today released on GOG.

I can't tell how many hours I spent playing this sim. One of my all-time favorites. Possibly only second to SimEarth.

Theme Hospital is a hospital management simulation. You need to fill the empty building with all sorts of hospital equipment, starting from desks and file cabinets, to ultra-sophisticated diagnostic machinery like DNA fixer or Head Inflator: you know, equipment every hospital needs. Then you hire all necessary staff members like doctors, nurses, handymen, or receptionists, and once everything’s set up, treat patients as they come in suffering from a variety of humourous illnesses, including Hairyitis, Bloaty Head, and even Slack Tongue (caused by over-discussion of soap operas!).

Theme Hospital is all about the little details: staff personalities, patients vomiting, doctors chilling in the staff room, and fantastic comedic cutscenes. Your hospital requires not only the best staff and equipment but pool tables, soda machines, radiators, and plants to keep your patients and doctors alike happy. Fans of micromanagement will be pleased, but so will fans of fun!

marfig

No ROM battery
I love those guys at GOG. It's impressive the lengths they go to strike deals with these old publishers or those who eventually took over them.

I think GOG only has one Maxis game in their catalog. SimCity 2000. So, let's hope they eventually extend that to those Sim titles. SimAnt was also loads of fun. Maxis is currently under EA and GOG has many EA controlled old games already.

GOG also likes for us to ask them for specific games. Worth trying.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Theme Hospital looks pretty fun. I've never played it. A lot of good games on there. Dark Reign was my favorite RTS, better than some of the most popular ones.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have never played this one, but I'm tempted to check it out. My personal weakness was SimCity 2000. Played that to death.