The Overclocker - Online Magazine Dedicated to All Things Overclocking

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Alright, I'm willing to go out on a limb here and take a guess that most people reading this have at one time overclocked something in their computer, whether it be the CPU, GPU or anything else. There's just something about taking a stock-clocked product and making it go faster than it was designed to... it's exciting. So exciting, in fact, that overclocking is much more than just a hobby for some people, and given how addictive it can be, it's no surprise.

Thanks to a friend who linked to this in their Facebook profile the other day, I stumbled on an online-only magazine (which happens to be free) that's dedicated to the world of overclocking, and features updates on the goings-on, profiles of the overclockers themselves, numerous interviews, event updates and even some product reviews (which focus mostly on stability and overclocking).

Though I don't at all consider myself to be a big overclocker (I'm just big), I find it hard to look through one of these magazines and not get a little excited. Professional overclockers bring things to the next level, with LN2, Dry Ice and other sub-zero chemicals, and if that doesn't define hardcore, I don't know what does. The magazines are well put together though, and if you don't have a desire to overclock now, you might very-well have one after reading through one.

the_overclocker_issue_4_040609.jpg

At The Overclocker we aim to promote overclocking, overclockers, their communities and websites. We also want to bring them closer to the industry. Overclockers are fast becoming the most influential people in technology; they find out what breaks and make whole product lines faster and more reliable. They buy the best components, they tell everyone else what to buy and often work in very important technology jobs.

Source: The Overclocker