The Not So Secret History of Super Mario Bros. 2

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
In 1988, the Nintendo Entertainment System saw the release of a sequel that most people who owned the console were anticipating: Super Mario Bros. 2. After the major success of the original, how could the sequel do anything but thrill us all? Over 20 years later, this game is still debated as to whether it was a great sequel, but I think most would agree that it was a good game nonetheless.

doki_doki_panic_040411.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Hands down one of my favorite games growing up. The music is some of the best 8-bit scores I have ever heard. As I type this, I can hear the opening screen's song playing in my head.

Speaking of great games, did anyone ever play Captain Skyhawk? Might be my favorite NES game of all time.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hands down one of my favorite games growing up. The music is some of the best 8-bit scores I have ever heard. As I type this, I can hear the opening screen's song playing in my head.

Speaking of great games, did anyone ever play Captain Skyhawk? Might be my favorite NES game of all time.

I don't think I've heard of that one. But I think I could list about 100 NES games that I loved growing up (but I won't for the sake of time ;-)).