The Future of AMD

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
AMD did a great writeup on the state of AMD and what's in store for the future. I think most everyone on this forum is anticipating Barcelona, for good reason. After AMDs recent showing of it's media capabilities, the future is looking good. It just can't get here fast enough.

The article also goes into depth about the future of both the CPU and GPU working together.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2986

madmat

Soup Nazi
AMD did a great writeup on the state of AMD and what's in store for the future. I think most everyone on this forum is anticipating Barcelona, for good reason. After AMDs recent showing of it's media capabilities, the future is looking good. It just can't get here fast enough.

The article also goes into depth about the future of both the CPU and GPU working together.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2986

Only if they release a 939 version. Otherwise I could care less.

MacMan

Partition Master
Not sure about that?

Only if they release a 939 version. Otherwise I could care less.

I'm not sure about AMD surviving, but lets' hope so? I have read that they are loosing money faster than Microsoft and Apple are making it. like $632+ millions in the past three-months alone and who knows how much more in the coming months? Certainly no company can bleed like that before something gives?

There have been rumors that Apple may buy AMD, but I doubt that? That would be like paying to have an anvil placed around your neck. Intel is one powerhouse that is going to be hard to beat. But then again, not long ago Apple was in the same place, if not worse, than AMD is now and we all know how that ended up. From $1.9 billion in market cap to over 94 billion; $4 billion in annual sales to an estimated 30-34 billion in sales this year!

Yep, AMD might just might make it after all!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I have every bit of confidence in AMD right now. Buying ATI was a very smart move but terrible timing. They are going to have to survive by doing what they have mastered over the years which is undercutting Intel in the price/performance wars.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I'm not sure about AMD surviving, but lets' hope so? I have read that they are loosing money faster than Microsoft and Apple are making it. like $632+ millions in the past three-months alone and who knows how much more in the coming months? Certainly no company can bleed like that before something gives?

There have been rumors that Apple may buy AMD, but I doubt that? That would be like paying to have an anvil placed around your neck. Intel is one powerhouse that is going to be hard to beat. But then again, not long ago Apple was in the same place, if not worse, than AMD is now and we all know how that ended up. From $1.9 billion in market cap to over 94 billion; $4 billion in annual sales to an estimated 30-34 billion in sales this year!

Yep, AMD might just might make it after all!

I don't desire AMD going under but I'm not really interested in their new CPU's. I'm in no big rush to dispose of my hardware just yet.