Thank you Google

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thank you, thank you, thank you for finally bringing one of my favorite software programs to Linux. If that wasn't enough, after over a year and half of waiting, they have -finally- have images of where I live. This picture is not from where I live btw.

:D

Attachments

• google_earth.jpg
    google_earth.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 681

Jakal

Tech Monkey
/me Google's "Rob Williams" finds address uses Google Earth to reposition nuclear warhead then falls asleep

Jakal

Tech Monkey
XXX Milxxxx Rd
Saint John, NB E2X 4XX

Wasn't in Google, but some intelligent searching returned an address. Be afraid, be very afraid. ;)

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Yeah that's the last listed address for a one Robert Williams, as found through a Canadian phone book. Privacy included.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Well then you're fathers a dead man. Unless you can unlock the secret codes to me new Lucky Charms!

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
XD I downloaded it just for fun, and looked up my relatives homes. My house isn't shown yet because... the area probably isn't important enough to record ^^

madstork91

The One, The Only...
My complaint about it is as always... the pictures of the areas of interest for me are atleast 3-4 years old. I know that doesnt seem like a big deal to some ppl, but around here its the differance of a field and a new suburban development. My house wasnt apart of a suburban develpment, but all thats there in the pictures is a field.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Jen McPherson said:
XD I downloaded it just for fun, and looked up my relatives homes. My house isn't shown yet because... the area probably isn't important enough to record ^^
Well, I was using this program since before it was known as Google Earth. So I've been literally waiting for over 2 years to finally see my City in there. Even then, they only got HALF of it, even though it's a small city to begin with.

Chances are, yours will get on there soon enough. Saint John isn't exactly a large city either.

Stork, I remember discussing that exact thing with you a LONG time ago. Situation hasn't changed any, haha.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Old or not, its cool. We wont see real time images anytime soon, however cool that would be.

The farm I live on is a good example. Before Google Earth, I used Terraserver and it was cool. In those pics, my house had a pool. In google earth however, there is no pool. It is updated, at least a few years earlier that is. You can actually see where we lay hay down for the horses in the images. I love google earth.